Danita Thomas Heagy, D.C.
District V Director
Danita Thomas Heagy, D.C., has served on the Board of Directors for the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE) from 2022 to present day. She currently serves as Director of District V. District V includes: Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
Danita Thomas Heagy, D.C. resides in St. Augustine, Florida. She has been a licensed Chiropractor since 1983.
Previous Experience – Danita Thomas Heagy, D.C.
- Graduated Magna cum laude from Life Chiropractic College
- Florida Board of Chiropractic Member 2013-2021
- Served as Chair of the Florida Board of Chiropractic 2019-2020
- Served as Vice Chair of the Florida Board of Chiropractic 2013-2018
- Florida 4-H Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS) Board of Directors 2020-present
- Florida 4-H IFAS VP of Finance 2023
Board of Directors Composition
The composition of the National Board begins at the state/district level. States that utilize NBCE exams may name delegates and alternates to attend the NBCE annual meeting. At the meeting, district delegates nominate a person to serve as district director. An assembly of all state delegates votes to accept or reject each district nominee. Two seats are filled by appointment by the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards. The board then elects at-large directors for two-year terms. Officers are elected annually. The four officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary) compose the NBCE Executive Committee.
The NBCE is a private, non-profit organization incorporated in the state of Texas and operates under bylaws.
ENSURING PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCY
through excellence in testing