NBCE Outreach and Research Awards
The NBCE Board of Directors is committed to supporting the role of research and academic excellence in safeguarding the future of chiropractic. Through contributions to the scholarship program and the support of research awards, the board hopes to build relationships with people and organizations who are making a positive impact through NBCE Outreach and Research Awards.
- NBCE Student Leadership Forum: NBCE’s annual commitment to bringing student leaders to the NBCE campus to share the purpose, processes, and benefits of standardized testing. This NBCE has held a forum every year since 2004.
- NBCE Student Scholarship Contest: This program began in 2016 and encourages academic excellence through essay writing on any humanities topic relevant to chiropractic. Essays for 2023 are due October 1, please see http://mywww.nbce.org/scholarship/ for more information.
- ACC Research Awards: NBCE sponsors awards to leading student researchers.
- WFC Research Awards: Presented by the International Board of Chiropractic Examiners at the World Federation of Chiropractic meetings. The program began in the year 2000.
About the NBCE
The purpose of the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners is to establish and maintain uniform high standards of excellence in the chiropractic profession and chiropractic education, primarily but not exclusively by preparing and administering to qualified applicants examinations of superior quality, whereby those legal agencies which govern the practice of chiropractic within each state and other countries may accept, at their discretion, those individuals who have successfully completed any part of the examinations of the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, and by providing test and measurement services to the chiropractic profession in all areas of demonstrated need, and to advance the chiropractic profession when in the best interests of the corporation and chiropractic testing.
About the ACC
The Association of Chiropractic Colleges (ACC) is comprised of accredited chiropractic educational programs in North America and affiliate member institutions worldwide. As an organization, they strive to advance excellence in education by leading a mutually supportive chiropractic academic community, and by supporting student learning, research and evidence informed practice.
About the WFC
The World Federation of Chiropractic (WFC) is made up of 90 national associations of chiropractors in 89 nations. The WFC represents these national associations as well as the international chiropractic community. and the chiropractic profession in the international community. Their goals are as follows:
- Acting with national and international organizations to provide information and other assistance in the fields of chiropractic and world health;
- Promoting uniform high standards of chiropractic education, research and practice;
- Developing an informed public opinion among all peoples with respect to chiropractic; and
- Advancing the chiropractic profession and protecting the character and status of the profession.
ENSURING PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCY