James Buchanan, D.C., M.S.
District I Director
James Buchanan, D.C., M.S. has served on the Board of Directors for the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE) from 2022 to present day. He currently serves as District I Director. District I includes: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Alaska.
Dr. James Buchanan resides in Sheridan, Wyoming, and practices at Buchanan Chiropractic.
Previous Experience – James Buchanan, D.C., M.S.
- Master of Science in Kinesiology, University of Wyoming, 1994
- Graduated from Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, (now Southern California University of Health Sciences) 1998
- NBCE Part IV Advancement and Development Advisory Board, 2021-present
- Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (FCLB), previously served as District I Director, 2018-2021
- Member of the Wyoming Chiropractic Association (WCA) 2000-present, previously served as President, 2007-2008
- Member of the Wyoming State Board of Chiropractic Examiners, 2008-present, prviously served as Board President, 2012-2015
- Member of USA Hockey Association, 2011-present
Board of Directors Composition
The composition of the National Board begins at the state/district level. States that utilize NBCE exams may name delegates and alternates to attend the NBCE annual meeting. At the meeting, district delegates nominate a person to serve as district director. An assembly of all state delegates votes to accept or reject each district nominee. Two seats are filled by appointment by the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards. The board then elects at-large directors for two-year terms. Officers are elected annually. The four officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary) compose the NBCE Executive Committee.
The NBCE is a private, non-profit organization incorporated in the state of Texas and operates under bylaws.
ENSURING PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCY
through excellence in testing